"But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a disciplinarian for through faith you are all children of God in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."
-Galations 3: 25-27
Baptism is the first and fundamental sacrament and the gateway to the other sacraments. The purifying and sanctifying sacrament of rebirth, baptism incorporates recipients into the church in a sacramental bond of unity.
Thank you for cooperating with God, the giver of life, in bringing a precious child into the world! In seeking baptism for your child, you are accepting the responsibility of training them in the practice of the faith. Christ offered this first sacrament to all men and women that they might have eternal life. He entrusted this sacrament and the gospel to the Church when he told his apostles: “Go, make disciples of all nations, and baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”
Sacrament of Baptism for children under 7 years old:
- Please contact the Parish Office for date availability.
Parents and godparents:
- Both must attend a pre-baptismal class which is taken at least one month prior to the date of baptism.
- Godparents must be over 16 years of age, Catholic, Apostolic, and Roman Practitioners.
- If godparents are a couple, they must be married through the Catholic Church. If they are not married through the Catholic Church, they do not qualify.
- If the godparents are just one person (man or woman) or both, they cannot be in a relationship with each other or with a significant other.
- Successfully complete all three initiation Sacraments (Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation).
DUE TO COVID-19 OUR PROCEDURES AND AVAILABILITY HAVE CHANGED.
PLEASE CONTACT THE PARISH OFFICE.